Were essentially spending all of today preparing for it.
So here's the final scoop of what's going on...
- Dave will be doing mini tours of the farm and he'll show the kids the chickens and ducks. You can go in and pet them or just look from a far (like I usually do)
- Bunny petting. We have a little pen we'll set up and put the bunnies in there so kids can hang out in there and play with them. That will be down by the house.
- Some people are coming to see the dogs too! They have a little enclosure that I don't usually use for them but I'm going to use it by the house. Feel free to say hello! Just be careful with your kiddos because their not used to tiny humans and sometimes they like to jump. Also, Charlie has a minor case of Kennel Cough from doggy daycare so please use caution if you bring your dogs. Our other 2 dogs have not caught it so it should probably be fine but just wanted to give the heads up!
- Food, current food situation is free hot dogs. BUT I only bought 24 so once their gone their gone, sorry peeps I can't feed the neighborhood for free :)
- Snacks (and you know I love snacks) ... we will have our popcorn machine out so help yourself to popcorn ... AND I bought a big bag of candy corn. Corn seems to be a theme so why not roll with it haha!!
- Games, I'm still undecided. I may set up washer toss and/or badminton, I dunno. I'm going to see how today goes. I feel like theirs going to be so much other stuff going on nobody wants to play games...
- Bathrooms, 2 years ago when we did our open farm day everyone needed to pee, of course they did! Come on in and use our washrooms, I'll have a sign, no need to ask. Wonder around the house a little if you want, just don't drink Dave's milk.
Things to remember...
- Farm animals have big feet! Please wear appropriate footwear. I go up every day in my slippers and I'm telling you they will leave a big bruise if they step on your toe.
- If your child is allergic to animals please give them allergy medicine before or bring it with you as we don't have any here!
I hope to see you all there!!
If anyone needs our address the information it's posted in contact us page. We're just 1 km down the Meagher's Grant road in Musquodoboit Harbour (turn left at the police station). We'll have a sign posted at the bottom of the driveway.
Love, The Clarke's